Hackathon & Conference at the University of Connecticut
October 19-20, 2017
Hosted by the Comcast Center of Excellence for Security Innovation at the University of Connecticut (CSI), CyberSEED brings together top information security professionals and business leaders to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends and formulate best strategies for tackling current and future threats. In the same academic setting, dozens of universities and colleges compete in unique cybersecurity challenges for awesome prizes.
2017 Registration Is Now Open!
Fellow at the U.S. Institute of Peace, Attorney, New York Times Best-Selling Author of Adnan's Story: The Search for Truth and Justice After Serial, & Host of the Undisclosed Podcast.
2017 Keynote Speaker
CyberSEED 2017 FAQs
- Competitors must register as a team.
- Team Size - Minimum: 2 Maximum: 4
- Teams may not participate in more than one competition.
- Individual team members may not participate in more than one competition.
- Completion of the University of Connecticut Student Application via PaymentWorks is required to participate in the competitions.
- PaymentWorks requires direct deposit, if check payment is preferred, completion of the University of Connecticut Student Packet is required to participate in the competitions.
- A Student Application/Packet must be submitted for each individual team member.
- For schools/clubs that will receive both the travel award and competition award, please submit a completed Student Application/Packet for the school/club. The faculty advisor must notify Jeannette Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org that the team members will not be receiving any awards to exempt them from the Student Application requirement.
- For schools/clubs that receive the Travel Award only, a completed Student Application/Packet is required for each team member to participate in the competitions. An additional Student Application/Packet must also be submitted for the school/club receiving the travel award.
- Unsigned packets are not complete and cannot be processed. Please ensure you sign in all applicable areas. Direct deposit is not required – you may leave the form blank if you prefer check payment.
- Travel Awards & Competition Awards are payable to the school/club or each individual team member. Requests for other payment options must be made in writing by the faculty advisor to Jeannette Burke at email@example.com. Requests from the team members will not be accepted.
- If you are a prior CyberSEED participant and have completed the Student Application/Packet previously, please email Jeannette Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your current address.
- PaymentWorks Process: you will receive an email invitation from PaymentWorks, subject title, University of Connecticut – New Student Registration, to register as a University of Connecticut student.
- A completed and signed Student Application/Packet is required to receive payment of the Travel Awards and Competition Awards. Questions can be directed to Jeannette Burke at email@example.com. Student Packets can be faxed to (860) 486-2447.
- Completion of the CyberSEED Liability Waiver is required to participate in the competitions. The Liability Waiver can be found here. Send completed forms to Jeannette Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
History & Facts
February 24, 2015 - The chief cybersecurity adviser for the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) joins a distinguished group of cybersecurity experts to discuss the evolving cyber threat landscape and the role that industry is playing in safeguarding the nation's critical infrastructure.
October 20, 2014 - CyberSEED launches only six months after CSI was established on the Uconn Storrs campus. The center unites the expertise of researchers within Uconn's existing Center for Hardware Assurance, Security and Engineering, and Comcast's leadership in internet systems security
April 10, 2014 - The University of Connecticut, home to the nation's foremost center on hardware security, and Comcast announce the establishment of the Center of Excellence for Security Innovation (CSI) at Uconn.
2016 Event Photos
2015 Event Photos